You know when you see something fabulous and want to recreate it but find yourself shy on supplies? Well, this happens to me frequently and since I’m impatient to wait until I have the right supplies, I kind of rush into things. Thankfully, this was one of those things where a little creativity turned out fabulously…This great dish calls for frozen ravioli, but I didn’t have frozen ravioli, but some left over frozen tortellini. Frozen pasta is frozen pasta right? I also didn’t want to open a whole jar of pasta sauce, so I used some left over that was almost past it’s usability…and then top it with cheese? It has to be delish.
Well, it WAS FABULOUS. I love cooking pasta in the crock-pot now. I think it’s my new favorite thing. (besides getting my nails done; that’s prob the most favorite thing right now. Winter and DIY projects are such a beast to my poor dried-out, flaky hands.)
Ok, enough of my drivle, here’s the recipe
Crock Pot Ravioli–via Crystal and Co
25 oz bag of frozen ravioli (we like cheese)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2) Pour your jar of sauce over the ravioli.
3) Stir the ravioli to evenly coat with sauce. Be careful, don’t chip a nail. I know this is strenuous work.
4) Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours. Depending on how fast your crockpot cooks, you may notice they are done closer to 2.5 hours. You could also cook on low for a longer period of time.
5) About 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the ravioli with finely shredded mozzarella cheese.
6) Pop the lid back on and let it melt- about 20 minutes.Once the cheese is melted, plate it up and serve.