These have been all over Pinterestland along with everything Oreo. I saw some pretty convincing pictures, but upon further discovery I read that most people had a hard time recreating the “look”. I decided to put them to the test and try my own.
The secret isn’t in the cookie recipe or how you stack them, it’s in the PAN. I thought that a muffin tin would solve the problems people were facing of the cookie flattening and the marshmallow being exposed. It didn’t hurt that my cookie recipe is almost FAILPROOF. But seriously, you can’t go wrong with a muffin tin, chocolate chip cookie dough, marshmallows, Hershey’s and graham cracker.
Oh, maybe the secret is in the cinnamon graham crackers I used. Nope. Don’t think so. They sure don’t hurt though.
Ready to divide and conquer? Wait no longer.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
almost 2 cups flour
semi-sweet chocolate chips
graham crackers, broken into small pieces
6 large marshmallows
Hershey’s bar (at least 12 mini)
1) Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and mix. Add soda, vanilla and salt.
2) Add flour until firm. Not too sticky, not too stiff. I usually start with about 1 1/2 cups flour and then add it bit by bit until I’m satisfied.
3) Mix in the chocolate chips.
Now for the fun part–
4) Grease your muffin tin and spoon a dollup of cookie dough in the bottom of each cup. Just enough to cover the bottom; you don’t want too much since you still have the s’more to add.
5) layer your s’more on top of the dough: small cracker, marshmallow, Hershey’s, cracker.
6) Cover the s’mores with another small mound of cookie dough. Don’t worry if it sloshes around or doesn’t end up perfectly because that’s the beauty of a muffin tin. Everything stays C.O.N.T.A.I.N.E.D.
7) Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 mins more or less depending on oven and muffin tin. Mine are dark so I watch really carefully so they don’t over brown.
Did I mention that these are literally melt in your mouth delicious? They taste exactly like they sound: a S’more in a chocolate chip cookie. I have to caution you that they only make 12 large cookies and we easily went through 3 in one sitting. Don’t count on these lasting…
Well that’s it. ENJOY!