I can’t move. Ugh I’m so sore. The second day is always the worst they say and they are right. (the proverbial “they” of course) If you saw my facebook post I mentioned I ran and went hiking on the same day. Not the kind of day that is restful. Of course I also ran with the 30 lbs of child+stroller and hiked with the 24 lb child on my back. How did I ever carry a backpack with me everyday with a laptop and books in it for 4 years? I slept horribly.
The brightside is my hubby let me sleep in:) He is so sweet to go sleep on the couch while Mickey Mouse keeps Eliza occupied until we are ready to wake up. Why is it so early?
Well, today is going to be a take it easy day. We might watch 2 or 3 movies at least. Tonight, thankfully the easiest, tastiest PW potatoes are on the menu. Enjoy. Hope you all have a restful day!
Twice Baked Potatoes PW Style–via Pioneer Woman
8 potatoes scrubbed clean
8 slices bacon, fried and diced into bits
1/2 lb butter, cut into slices
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4-1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2) With a paper towel, rub the outside of the potatoes with canola oil. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45 mins.
3) Combine butter, sour cream, bacon, milk, seasoned salt, and pepper into a bowl.
4) While the potatoes are still hot, hold each potato in a towel and cut in half lengthwise. With a large spoon, scrape out the insides into the bowl with the other ingredients. Repeat with all the potatoes. Reserve the shells on a large baking sheet.
5) Mash those yummy ingredients in the bowl together and stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Add green onions and season additionally to taste.
6) Fill each potato with the mixture and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
7) Bake 10-15 mins until cheese is melted and hot.
These are great by themselves or with some brisket or whatever else you want. Usually one of PW’s potatoes prepared like this is enough for me!