It has been a crazy week. TGIF! It’s also Eliza’s 2nd birthday! wow. Today I will finish all the preparations for her party tomorrow; including baking this cake. I’m not a huge baker so we’ll see if it turns out. I finished the pinata, dollhouse, and I’ve purchased all the foods. Phew. My family flew into town last night; add that to the craziness.
On the bright side, I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. I know it’s a great way for us to spread the love amongst bloggers. So, here are the rules of accepting the award:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the person who presented it to you.
3. List seven random facts about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Pass the award onto seven other bloggers.
6. Inform each blogger they have won by posting a comment on their blog.
Pesto-Stuffed Pork Chops–via Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook pg 403
Prep Time:20mins Cook Time: 35mins
3 Tbs crumbled feta cheese I don’t like feta, so I use whatever cheese I have on hand at the time
2 Tbs basil pesto
1 Tbs pine nuts I didn’t add these since my pesto has lots of pine nuts already
4 pork loin chops cut 1 1/4″ thick
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
2 cloves garlic, inced
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees F. For filling, in a small bowl stir together cheese, pesto and pine nuts; set aside.
2. Trim fat from meat. Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontall from fat side almost to bone or opposite side. Spoon filling into pockets. Secure the openings with wooden toothpicks.
3. For rub, in a small bowl combine black pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper, thyme, and garlic. Rub evenly onto all sides of meat. place chops on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 35 to 45 mins or until chops are 160 degrees F and juices run clear. Brush vinegar onto chops the last 5 mins of baking. discard toothpicks before serving.
This recipe is linked up: check it out here