Whenever I see “Best Ever Recipe” on Pinterest, I immediately think NOT POSSIBLE. Probably because that really is an opinion. I didn’t think it really was possible to have Red Robin approved burgers at home without a lot of work and access to special ingredients, Red Robin burgers for me rank as “best ever”, but this recipe PROVED ME WRONG. I don’t think I can buy flattened, frozen patties again! I made these in the afternoon so at dinner all I had to do was pop them on the grill. I was also skeptical that they would hold their shape since there isn’t egg in the recipe, but they did just fine!
Burgers–via Little Miss Momma
- Burger Ingredients
- 2 lbs ground beef 85/15
- sesame seed buns
- 1/2 cup of grated Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- season salt to taste
- cracked black pepper
- onion powder
- Secret Sauce Ingredients
- 3/4 cup of mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup relish
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- seasoned sal
- Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, bbq sauce, and seasonings. Shape patties that are about 1 inch thick.
- Then it is very important to push a 1/2 inch indent into the center of the patty–this is what prevents the patty from becoming a dome. These burgers stay extra moist because the bbq sauce and cheese are mixed in with the meat.
- Wait for the skillet to get super hot and then apply a very thin layer of butter to the pan. Place the patties on the pan, indent side up.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow this side of the patty to cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Assemble the burgers and serve with avocado, lettuce or your choice of toppings!